Helpful Tips For Yards
You can help your lawn be a success by following these simple steps:
- Mowing: Mowing on a regular and consistent basis strengthens the roots system and helps develop a hardier plant.
- Fertilization: All plants need nutrition. A well balanced diet will go a long way to keeping your lawn healthy.
- Proper Watering: Your lawn care program will not be successful if your lawn is not properly watered.
- Aeration: Aeration helps the lawn breath easier.
- Trim Trees: Keep large trees trimmed on a regular basis.
In lawns where large trees exist, it is recommended that you trim all limbs that extend below six feet from the ground and thinning the crown about every 2 years. This will help allow sunlight to penetrate through to the ground. In a lawn that has been overplanted with trees, pruning will not be enough; some trees must be removed to alleviate the shading problem. Overplanting impedes air flow which discourages grass growth and encourages lawn diseases.
- Follow Instructions: Follow the instructions on the service notice when we perform a lawn care service.
- Reduce Compaction: Avoid driving and/or excessive walking on any part of the lawn.
- Inspect You Lawn: Notify us immediately if you notice abnormalities in your lawn.
A few things to look for: grass thinning out, changes in color (other than fall/winter discoloration), brownish, yellowish, or grey spots, and weeds